An Unsecured Business Loan is essentially a business loan not secured against any ‘hard’ assets… it is simply secured against the trust in your business performing.
- The increased risk to the lender is often reflected in the interest rate.
- It is a loan secured/based solely on the value of the business’ turnover
- With a many lenders in the market able to offer competitive unsecured loans up to £1,000,000, there are options for a wide variety of circumstances.
What is an unsecured business loan?
It’s a business loan that doesn’t require any security. A secured loan uses business assets or business and personal property as its security — this means if things do not work out with regards to repayments, the lender can legally take ownership and sell those assets to re-coup the value of the loan. The difference between secured & unsecured loans is really all about risk for the lender.
- Much faster - no valuations necessary
- Rates from as low as 4.9% APR - 1.1% (Flexible Facility)
- Personal Guarantees sometimes required
- Loans up to £1,000,000
- Less fees
- Overall Interest rate usually higher, because the lender has a higher risk